Something that can change someone's life
*Based on the story The heart of a broken story, by JD Salinger.
I had always wanted to write a story about something that changes someone's life. Once, I almost wrote one, when I started to see a boy on the bus that I used to take.
The young boy with dark, short hair that always sat down in the 7th row of seats and who liked reading mystery novels had been taking the same bus for two years. He would sit in the 7th row because he liked to observe the other people during the journey from his house to the faculty. When he finished reading a page he always took advantage of the opportunity of having a peep at the rest of the people who were there. He especially liked to look at the girl with blonde, long hair that always sat down in the 6th row of seats and who liked reading love stories. She also had been taking the same bus for two years to go to the faculty.
The face of this boy changed each time that he looked at the young girl. When he did it, he looked as if he were thinking about imaginary situations in which young boys meet young girls on the way to school and they both fall in love. That was the reason why I supposed that, after those two years of inventing stories in his mind, the young boy would not wait any longer to explain his feelings to the girl. One morning, when he was staring at her I realized because of his look that he was going to say something to her the following day. I must acknowledge that I couldn't avoid being happy for him for a moment, because after two years he had decided to take action.
Unluckily, this story of mine doesn't quite fit the title because all the dreams of the boy with dark, short hair, finished when he entered the bus the following day and saw the girl with long, blonde hair laughing and sitting beside me, the guy with long, brown hair, of the 9th row, that had controlled everything since the first day. That's the reason why I was not able to write a story about something that changed the life of the boy from the 7th row. In a story about something that would have changed his life it would have happened something important to him.
I had always wanted to write a story about something that changes someone's life. Once, I almost wrote one, when I started to see a boy on the bus that I used to take.
The young boy with dark, short hair that always sat down in the 7th row of seats and who liked reading mystery novels had been taking the same bus for two years. He would sit in the 7th row because he liked to observe the other people during the journey from his house to the faculty. When he finished reading a page he always took advantage of the opportunity of having a peep at the rest of the people who were there. He especially liked to look at the girl with blonde, long hair that always sat down in the 6th row of seats and who liked reading love stories. She also had been taking the same bus for two years to go to the faculty.
The face of this boy changed each time that he looked at the young girl. When he did it, he looked as if he were thinking about imaginary situations in which young boys meet young girls on the way to school and they both fall in love. That was the reason why I supposed that, after those two years of inventing stories in his mind, the young boy would not wait any longer to explain his feelings to the girl. One morning, when he was staring at her I realized because of his look that he was going to say something to her the following day. I must acknowledge that I couldn't avoid being happy for him for a moment, because after two years he had decided to take action.
Unluckily, this story of mine doesn't quite fit the title because all the dreams of the boy with dark, short hair, finished when he entered the bus the following day and saw the girl with long, blonde hair laughing and sitting beside me, the guy with long, brown hair, of the 9th row, that had controlled everything since the first day. That's the reason why I was not able to write a story about something that changed the life of the boy from the 7th row. In a story about something that would have changed his life it would have happened something important to him.
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada